A Message From The Principal
We are now reached the halfway point of term 4! Only 26 school days left for 2024!
DATES FOR TERM 4 – lots on but important to know! All of these dates can be found on Sentral
- Wednesday 15th November – Prep – 2 Junior Sports Day
- Friday 17th November – Prep 2024 #3 Transition Session
- Friday 24th November – Assembly 3pm
- Friday 1st December – STUDENT FREE DAY
- Monday 4th December – Wednesday 6th December – Year 5 Camp
- Friday 8th December – BELLAIRE COLOUR EXPLOSION! School Captains 2025 Announced
- Tuesday 12th December – Statewide Transition Day – classes for 2024
- Wednesday 13th December – Year 6 Graduation
- Thursday 14th December – Year 3 Excursion
- Monday 18th December – Reports released
- Tuesday 19th December – LAST DAY OF TERM 4 for students NORMAL 3.30pm FINSIH TIME
- Wednesday 20th December – Curriculum Day – please note NO OSHC will be running
With planning for 2024 now well underway, we are fortunate to have a very stable staffing profile despite the Statewide workforce shortages. With mixed emotions, we do have one staff member who is taking up teaching opportunities outside of our school in 2024.
Mrs Lauren Rau will be leaving Bellaire Primary School after 16 years. Lauren has been in the Learning Specialist position, replacing Mrs Heather Ellis who returns in a part time position in 2024. Lauren started her career as a graduate teacher at Bellaire PS where I had the pleasure of being her mentor and team-teaching partner in her first year of teaching. As a first-year teacher Lauren already displayed amazing leadership skills and an amazing connection with her students and colleagues. We will miss Lauren however we wish her the very best as she takes up a Learning Specialist position at Hamlyn Banks Primary School in 2024 to continue her leadership journey.
TERRACE SPACE / PARENT FUNDRAISING
THANK YOU!!! We are excited that this week we have had our Soccer nets placed on the terrace space. The netting is to be replaced however we have been able to create two areas for students from different year levels to play on the terrace. This is through the continued fundraising efforts lead by our Bellaire Parents group and the support of our wonderful community. We could not be more grateful.
STILL TO COME WITH THE FUNDS THAT HAVE BEEN RAISED THIS YEAR AS SOME ARE BEING CONSTRUCTED AND OTHERS WE NEED TO WAIT FOR A SUITABLE TIME –
- Two new cubby houses are currently being built by the ‘Men’s Shed’
- The new Gaga Pit will be constructed during the summer school holidays.
- Three new flag poles (waiting on the manufacturer)
- New furniture in our Art Room (on order)
- Resources for our amazing lunch time clubs
P – 2 ATHLETICS DAY (Ms KYMANTIS)
The Prep – Year 2 Sports Day will be held on Wednesday 15th November at Bellaire Primary School, from 9.30am – 1pm.
Your child is asked to wear a T-shirt in their house colour and shorts / leggings / track pants that are comfortable to compete in. (if you are unsure of your child’s house colour, please ask your teacher)
Hats will be compulsory, so please check with your child and make sure they have one.
Parents/guardians are very welcome to attend on the day of the sports. A picnic lunch will be held at 1.20pm, that parents are welcome to attend. (the space will be determined by weather on the day)
Student lunch orders will operate as normal on this day.
Please note that in the event of inclement weather the sports day will be postponed.
We look forward to a fantastic day.
Booklists for next year have been sent out. Please follow the instructions on the cover page to order the booklists for 2024. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
PREP 2024 TRANSITION
We have now had two of our transition sessions for our 2024 Preps! Next week is their final session and they get to meet their buddies. We are so excited for our last session next week!
We still have a number of places available in our 2024 Prep co-hort. If you have not enrolled your child in Prep for 2024 please contact the office.
As we head towards the end of the year, we begin the process of preparing our Year 5 students for student leadership in 2024. Additional writing sessions have been planned for the next couple of weeks to assist students in preparing their written speeches, with many students interested in positions for 2024.
Students can nominate for any position and students will also continue to vote for the student/s whom they see as most fit to lead the school.
In Week 9, students will present their speeches to students and staff, who will all cast their votes for the following positions for 2024.
School and House Captains will be announced at the conclusion of the Colour Run on Friday 8th December.
SCHOOL CROSSING SAFETY
We understand that drivers’ behaviours are totally out of our control, however we are receiving many reports of an increase in issues during drop off and pick up times, as well as people not using the crossing correctly.
Crossing at the crossing
- Our crossing supervisors have informed us (Larcombe Street and Bellevue Ave) that students and parents have not been using the crossing to cross the road. We encourage everyone to cross at the school crossings safely.
‘Kiss and Drop’
- Please remember that you can not exit your car or park your car in this area.
KINDER CAR PARK
We have once again been asked to remind parent that the kinder car park is not to be used to drop off or pick up Bellaire Primary School children.