A Message From The Principal
What wild weather we have been having – rain one minute and sun shining the next. We hope all of our families have stayed safe during this time.
SOME IMPORTANT DATES
The Sentral calendar has all the dates we are aware of at this stage for Term 4. We will add to this as we are made aware of them. Some important dates coming up in Term 4 –
- Monday 24th October – School Council Meeting 6.30pm
- Tuesday 25th October – Preps 2023
- Wednesday 2nd November – First Prep 2023 Transition Session
- Thursday 3rd November – French Day – school uniform with a ‘touch of French’ (more information to come)
- Monday 7th November – Year 1 excursion
- Thursday 10th November – Second Prep 2023 Transition Session
- Friday 18th November – Last Prep 2023 Transition Session
- Monday 28th November – School Council meeting
- Wednesday 14th December – Year 6 Graduation
- Thursday 15th December – Year 5 excursion
- Friday 16th December – Reports released, Year 4 excursion
- Monday 19th December – Year 6 excursion
- Tuesday 20th December – LAST DAY 2022 1.30pm finish
- Monday 30th January – FIRST DAY FOR ALL STUDENTS
PREP 2023 TRANSITIONS
We are very excited that our Prep transitions begin next week. We have around 78 Preps beginning in 2023.
WORLD TEACHERS DAY (Australia) Friday 28th October
In Australia, due to school holiday dates throughout the country, World Teacher’s Day is celebrated in Australia on Friday 28th October. It is a day to celebrate our wonderful teaching staff at Bellaire Primary School. We appreciate all that they do for our students and families. We are so lucky to have such a dedicated staff at Bellaire.
Congratulations to the students who represented Bellaire at the Regional Athletics on Tuesday. It is an achievement to make it to this level. Mr Canny attended the event to support our students.
On Tuesday, 8 students represented Bellaire in the Regional Athletics at Keilor Park. In beautiful weather, we had some amazing results on the day with an extremely strong level of competition. Well done on making it this far, you should be very proud.
The following student will progress to the state level competition
Congratulations to Indi O who came 2nd in the 12/13 Hurdles.
Alice A who came 2nd in the 11 yr Hurdles and 2nd in the 200m
The 12/13 yr Relay (Indi O, Indi M, Hannah R & Zoe R) who came 1st.
The shade sails that were taken down for repair and cleaning were meant to be put back up at the start of this term. They came to put them up and there was an issue. They are booked to come back soon.
BARWON WATER – NATIONAL WATER WEEK POSTER COMPETITION RESULTS
This year Ms Kite organised for students to put in entries for the National Water Week Competition.
(From the Barwon Water Website) Primary school students from across the region have showcased their creative talents for National Water Week (17–23 October).
In total, we received 320 entries from 10 local schools for the annual poster competition, focusing on this year’s theme “Our water stories”.
We congratulate our following winners.
Category: Yr 3&4
Student: Emily Healy
Prize awarded: Winner
Student: Charles Y
Prize awarded: Second
Student: Frida J
Prize awarded: Third
Bellaire Primary School was also awarded a $500 Education Voucher.
We are excited to say we have nearly completed our staffing process for 2023. We have some wonderful things occurring in 2023 for our students. We try to ensure we offer every opportunity and support for the students within our school.
- The Tutor Learning Initiative will continue in 2023
- We are expanding our extension / excellence program in 2023 to include lots of opportunities for students throughout the school.
- We are participating in a Maths research project with Deakin University, strengthening our partnership.
- We will continue with, what is now called by the Department, a Mental Health practitioner (currently Casey Hawkins is working with students throughout the school).
- We will continue with employing a Speech Pathologist.
GEELONG SHOW WINNING SCARECROW
We are very excited that our scarecrow – ‘Ed Sheeran” – won FIRST PRIZE at the Geelong Show Scarecrow competition. Congratulations to the group of students that spent many hours, including lunchtimes, working on Ed with Ms Kite. Ed is currently displayed in our school entry if you would like to see him.
At lunch time we have a scheduled 15-minute eating time, inside, where students have the opportunity to eat prior to heading outside to play.
Previously, at recess time, the students have headed straight outside when the bell goes at 11am. Some students would head straight out to play and not eat any food, as they were excited to play, others would find a place to eat, and others would walk around eating. At the end of last term, we trialled eating inside prior to heading out to play. We found that some students who had never eaten their recess before, as they were too excited to go and play, were now eating their snack and they all had the opportunity to eat prior to heading outside. We acknowledge that there was some miscommunication around food being allowed out at recess, we can assure you that this miscommunication has been. As at lunch, students can take the rest of their food / lunchbox outside if they have not completed their food, however we ask that students are not taking rubbish out with them.
FIRST DAY OF 2023
For your diaries – first day of 2023 for ALL students is MONDAY 30th JANUARY.