Welcome back to the 2021 school year. It has been a wonderful start to the school year. We love seeing the smiling faces of the students and watching them settle in to their new spaces, learning communities and classes.
2021 PREP STUDENTS: Our new Prep students have been a joy to interact with as they begin their learning journey through the school. They have been learning about the school and spending time with their Year 6 buddies.
COVID-19: We continue to carefully monitor the Covid-19 situation. We act on the direct advice of the Department of Education and receive updates weekly, or updates at times of need. Below is the current advice from the Department.
Children under 12 years of age and students at primary school or attending an OHSC program are not required to wear face masks.
School staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching or caring, but those who wish to do so, can. Staff must wear face masks in indoor areas of the school when not teaching or caring.
Visitors to school sites must also wear masks when indoors. Please ensure anyone on your school site is aware of the updated face mask requirements.
In line with our Covid-19 measures announced by the Victorian Government at Bellaire Primary School we are undertaking the following –
- Covid cleaning continues to occur during the school day.
- Hand sanitiser continues to be used by students and staff members when entering and exiting the rooms.
- Masks are to worn by teachers when not instructing students and by anyone over the age of 12 years of age (who are not students) when entering the school.
- The school gates are locked during the school day to ensure the safety of our students and ensure that all visitors enter by the front office.
- If you wish to speak to your child’s teacher please make an appointment and enter the school via the office. If anyone visits the school for longer than 15mins they must use the QR code found at the front office and sign in.
We appreciate your support in keeping our school safe and in line with the Covid-19 health advice and guidelines.
LIFE EDUCATION VISIT: Information about the Life Education visit and payment can be found on QKR. The first Life Education class begins on Monday.
JAMF: This year we are utilising JAMF within the school on iPads, which is a Mobile Device Management Platform. Below are quotes form www.jamf.com –
Ideal for teachers or instructional technologists and empowers educators to manage devices from the classroom.
With Jamf School, leverage a solution built exclusively for teachers, instructional technologists and education IT that maximizes Apple hardware for learning purposes — inside and outside of the classroom… Jamf School creates the optimal digital experience and ensures students are focused and engaged.
There has been a great deal of information sent out to our 3-6 parents. We understand there are a lot of questions regarding this program. There always are questions when a new initiative is undertaken. There has been a great deal of research done by the school prior to initiating the launch of JAMF. The benefits for our school and students are as follows –
- Teachers are able to individually tailor apps and learning for student learning at a push of a button.
- Parents are not required to download any apps for use at school. This is all undertaken by the school. These apps will not appear on your iPad when it is not operating JAMF.
- Any iPads that a BYOD (owned by students/families) are able to be supervised and by teachers while at school, however the moment the student leaves school at 3.30pm, the iPads reverts back to the child’s ‘normal, everyday’ use iPad. This aspect is not seen or used at school and JAMF in no way impacts the iPads home use.
- JAMF does not work on public holidays, curriculum days, school holidays or weekends. It is only in use in the school hours. We can also block JAMF from working if a family is on an extended holiday or illness.
- JAMF is an added layer of security for our students. Our students are learning how to be digitally aware. This is another protection that assists in us teaching the students about safe and secure technology use. One of my favourite quotes is – Successful teaching is not about controlling student’s behaviour, it’s about teaching students how to control their own behaviour.
We understand it is a slight inconvenience to back-up the iPad (on iTunes) prior to having JAMF installed and then re-installing it, however once this has been done you do not have to worry about it again. Before the students leave Bellaire Primary School for good, JAMF is removed from their device.
We have trialled JAMF on a number of devices and are excited that we are able to add this level of security and protection to our teaching and learning here at Bellaire PS.
SCHOOL PHOTOS: Our school photos are on Friday 12th February (next Friday!). Photos orders are only being taken on-line this year. This saves the need to bring in envelopes or cash to school. If you need any assistance please contact the school office.